cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS232 Communication with Mastech MS2203

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to visualize the data from a Mastech MS2203  in LabVIEW using RS232 serial port.

I have the initial config settings (baud rate, parity etc...) that I could get using PORTMON, but I'm still no sure what to do next.

I couldn't find the serial protocol for this device, but I have their software that does exactly what I'm trying to do.

I have attached the software display and the PORTMON data that I got while I was running the program.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do next?

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,578 Views)

Need to get the serial protocol specification from the vendor of the Mastech MS2203 to know how to parse the hex data.

620.00000310DigitPower.exeIRP_MJ_READSerial0SUCCESSLength 22: 05 05 10 04 E0 FB 60 60 05 44 28 EB ED FD CF ED 60 00 00 00 1F

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,550 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kennycaldas

You will find your answer here: http://www.multimeterwarehouse.com/MS2203Protocol.pdf

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,548 Views)

That's not exactly readable.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,535 Views)

Thank you Matthew!

With that file and a little help from Google Translate I could read the voltage in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,499 Views)

Glad I was able to help out.  Good luck!

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,492 Views)

dear,

i also facing same problem.can you share your labview file for this instrument to me.

my email id is- ashutoshpatelm@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,061 Views)

Dear  patel1508,

I don't have the code for this multimeter anymore, sorry.

But I remeber I used the code provided in this post as a starting point for my application: 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Cheapest-RS232-Serial-DMM-with-LabVIEW-instru...

You'll have to change some parameters to work with the mastech device, but you'll be able to have a pretty good idea on how to do it

hope that helps.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,009 Views)