LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGT 1.1.1 failed to create a Word report when runs as an application.

Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.1 is unable to create the Word report from template when running as a stanalone application. Under Labview 8.0 environment the program works fine. Files _Word_Dynamic.vi and _Excel_Dynamic.vi were added in Application Builder into "Dynamic VIs and Support Files". One can see that MS Word 2003 is poped up when the application is running, but then it closes immidiately without finding the template and report generation.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,294 Views)
Are you using the MS Office Report Express VI?  If so, there is an extra step you must take when building an executable...specifically, you must add the default templates of the MS Office Express VI as support files to your application.  See my last response in this thread for more information...you should find more information in the RGT 1.1.1 User Guide as well.

-D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,283 Views)

Seems the problem was in wrong path constructing in .exe version. I opened the template based on current .vi filepath. After I changed the filepath to constant value (it is not good and I will think what can I do) .exe version started to work ok.

Thanks a lot for the link to the forum thread!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,276 Views)