LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFSG driver won't save back

I have an niRFSG 2009 driver. I opened my code in 2010, made some changes, and saved back to 2009. However, it can't save the RFSG drivers back, and now they are stuck in 2010. When I try to open in 2009 it gives me an error that they are saved in a newer version. Is there some way to revert these back to 2009 or do I have to reinstall the drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,146 Views)

I just reinstalled the drivers and pointed the VIs to the proper location.I will do some more playing around with saving for previous and see what breaks them and what doesn't. It looks to me like when I save for previous it doesn't automatically point the drivers to the correct location on disk. For instance, if I save 2010 back to 2009 and open in 2009, it still looks in the 2010\instr.lib folder for the drivers. I may be doing something wrong, but in my opinion this should be taken care of automatically by LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,138 Views)

I tried to reproduce the problem you were seeing. When I save a VI that uses a instrument driver, the driver VIs are saved for the previous version but stored in the same directory as the VI I saved to the previous version - not in instr.lib any longer. Do you see this copy of the instrument driver library?

Do you move the VI before you open the VI in LabVIEW 2009?

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,123 Views)