LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFSG ARB double-buffer implementation

I have a PXIe-5672 that I am using to generate a CPFSK waveform. What I would like to implement is a 2nd buffer type function, so that I can update the 2nd buffer, while the first is being transmitted, and then instantaneously switch the buffers, so I don't have abort and re-initialize the RF generation.

All of the examples I've been able to find use "scripting' as a away of switching between to ARB buffers, but none of them will allow the switching to occur without stopping the generation if you need to modify the second ARB buffer's content. 

If there is an example of how to do this buffer updating/switching, could you please point me to it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,296 Views)

Hey ATE_Dude

For the 5672, you will not be able to modify a waveform on-the-fly while generating another one. Take a look at the state model for your device (top graph):

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371025M-01/rfsg/ni_5670_programming_state_model/

If you want to write a waveform, you will need to abort generation to go back to the "Idle" (or Configuration) state, where you'll then be able to write a new waveform.

Xavier
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,282 Views)