LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF list mode in NI 5644

Hello,

What LO tuning time can be acheived on NI 5644 by using RF list mode?

Is it possible to execute randomn sequence of diffrnt commands using RF list mode on 5644? i.e change Lo to f1, change LO to f5, change LO to f2, Change power to p3, change LO to f6 ....? 

Can RF lsit mode be stopped and restarted again during run time? (5644)

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,077 Views)

Hello,

I believe the timing information you are looking for is located on page 5 of the PXIe-5644R’s specification document: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375880d.pdf. It will be dependent on what the PPL’s loop bandwidth is adjusted to.

The nice thing about the RF List Mode feature is that you have the ability to execute whatever arbitrary sequence of commands you configure. You can sweep through a set of frequencies, amplitude, or both at the same time. You should be able to script whatever behavior you are looking for.

I am not sure what you mean by, “can RF list mode be stopped and restarted again during run time?” Are you asking if you can stop the sequence you configure to run, once it has already been started, and before it has fully finished? Well, yes, you can quit the sequence at any time, whenever you invoke the appropriate Abort function. However, if you tried to start back up again, I don’t believe it will start back up from where it left off. Scripting opens up many options, such as event and marker triggering, and I don't believe that whatever it is you are trying to implement would necessarily require you to start and stop the generation.

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,038 Views)