LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ SPREADSHEET

I have a read spreadsheet.vi in LV6.0. When I RUN the data below in .txt I get TWO graphs. One is correct and the other is wrong. How do I remove the wrong graph. The vi is attached.

1 1
2 4
3 9
4 16
5 25
6 36
7 49
8 64
9 81
10 100
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,561 Views)
Hello labview1958,

both lines look correct to me...

But maybe you need a Waveform graph instead of a chart or even better the XY graph?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,556 Views)
I am not able to find the sub vi between waveform graph and unbundle by name. It is not in my functions pallette on LV6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,530 Views)
That function is an Index Array. It looks like that because it has a 2D array wired into it and because it has been extended by pulling it down.

I have done the LV. I have attached it. It seems to work. Why the need for the transpose 2D array?

Also.

Can I change the black background graph with a white line graph to a white background graph with  a black line graph? Or for any other colour?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,492 Views)

The transposition is needed because the graph takes the data by rows, so unless you transpose it will see 10 rows (1,1; 2,4...).

Also, you made a wiring error. The Index Array should also get the value coming out of the transpose function. This is because if you wire nothing into the function, it also takes rows automatically, in this case rows 0 and 1. If you want to get rid of the transposition, you can wire 0 and 1 into the Column inputs of the function.

As for coloring the graph, go into the graph properties. First color the scales transparent, or to a proper color, so they're not in the way. Then, you can modify the plot color to black. Then, use the paintbrush tool on the graph itself to color the background white.