From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R-series 7856R/Kintex-7 timing inquiries

Hi folks,

I am planning to use this R series card USB 7856R to control my confocal scanning microscopy setup (was using DAQmx, but need to upgrade the system for more experiments). Basically ,it needs to do two major jobs:

1) To generate a raster scanning pattern and output them to a piezo scanning stage (AO; few 100 Hz sampling rate) to perform scanning, and collect the photon counting signal (DI: <15 MHz sampling)  from the sample being scanned over, and assign the photon numbers counted in each interval between scanning step to a pixel and form an intensity image.

2) To perform a gated signal collection functionality. I would like to use the FPGA to build a counter to count the single photon counting signal (counting rate is <15 MHz samples/s), and this counter will be triggered by an external laser source (TTL DI; <80 MHz), and the counter is expected to count photon only within a gate pulse (duration ~7 ns), and the gate pulse starting position in time with respect to the external trigger should be adjustable, with a resolution of ~100 ps.

I am OK with part (1), but for the part (2), I had a hard time to implement it with FPGA so I was hopping if I could get some help from here. Maybe you guys could share your thoughts on this topic, or maybe someone might have already done this and is willing to share an example.

Thank you very much,
Lu Yan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,652 Views)