From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quitting remote front panels messes up program

Solved!
Go to solution

I have successfully connected to another computer running my VI using remote front panels. The computer running my VI is using parallels on a mac. When I connect to the VI I am using safari on a mac. Whenever I want to exit the browser I press Quit and it shuts down, but sometimes this messes up the program and I get an error. The error occurs when I try to write to a property node of a boolean LED. Is there any way to prevent this from happeing? I have attached pictures of the error and the spot where it happens. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaddieDrake

Disable automatic error handling in the VI properties, or put a Clear Errors VI (from the dialog palette) after the property node.

Property nodes only work when there is a front panel available. When you disconnect the remote front panel, the VI no longer has a front panel available, so property nodes generate errors. You need to ignore that error. If your code relies on reading and writing property nodes - if the logic won't work properly without them - then you need to restructure your code. When no front panel is connected, the Value (Signaling) property will never generate an event.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,586 Views)