LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick drop list doesn't come up anymore :( LV2009f2

Solved!
Go to solution

My quick-drop list doesn't come up anymore when I press ctrl-space.  When I initially press ctrl-space (after loading LabVIEW) my machine behaves like it is loading the drop list (LabVIEW lags, and my hard drive thrashes for about a minute), but no drop list appears.  My computer is kinda slow and outdated (hense the long inital load times of the drop list) so that may be the issue.  I'm running a 1.6GHz Centrino w/ 1.5GB of ram and Windows XP SP3.

I've tried rebooting.  I was using the drop list quite a bit before it stopped working.  I would like to avoid a full reinstall of LabVIEW over this.

Any advice?

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,915 Views)
I faced this few times. But just restarting LabVIEW helps to recover quick drop
Message Edited by Mathan on 11-16-2009 12:27 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,913 Views)

I've tried restarting LabVIEW with no luck.

One thing i just discovered is the functionality of the Quick Drop list is working.  I can press ctrl+space and type "add" and press enter and the add function appears.  The drop-list window is not appearing on the screen.

-Nic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,900 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hecmar.arreola

Just grasping at straws but...

In the LV .INI file there is a line

"QuickDropPosition="

That apperas to save where the QD window waas when last used. Maybe yours is set for an off-screen position.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 7
(2,887 Views)
Yup, Ben's suggestion is the one I would have made.  This has happened to me in the past when I moved my LabVIEW INI file from a 2-monitor system to a 1-monitor system, and Quick Drop was on the 2nd monitor.
Message 5 of 7
(2,870 Views)

Ben,

Did I ever tell you that you're my hero?

Message 6 of 7
(2,849 Views)

Nickerbocker wrote:

Ben,

Did I ever tell you that you're my hero?

No. He is the HERO (common to all) Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
(2,817 Views)