Queue, Program speed on multiple Serial read and other problems

Hi,

Working on a relatively big program on Labview that makes

1. data acquisition from 2xSerial devices

2. Splitting the outputs,

3. Showing the results

4. Doing some alghorithms

5. Outputing to CSVs.

I have limited knowledge on serial methodologies and quequing in labview but through reading many posts in the forum i succeded to create this program which includes the above functions.

Although that, I have several problems which I didnt solve:

1. The quite button on the Graphs tab is not function correctly. This results in unabling to close the VISAs. How to handle the queques that in one button I can clear all the queques and exit the program correctly?

2. While reading both serials, the program is going slow (I have i5 with SSD drive and 8gb RAM so I don't think its CPU problem). If I disable one of the serial or sending 'nothing' to one of the serials, the program going back to normal speed. Any suggestions in this issue?

3. Both serials works with different configuration functions - I used that as I make a trial and error and this is the best operation for each of them. Is this correct or am I missing something?

The main VI is "NVs_V1.6.vi"

Thanks for your answers and feedback

Sagi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,394 Views)

You should only have 1 loop the dequeues from a specific queue.  Once an element is dequeued, that element is gone, meaning that no other loop can get that data.  You need to use a different queue for your two other loops.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,362 Views)

Thanks.

I will try to implement your suggestion.

In regarding to the serial problem, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,340 Views)