From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about tunnel Boolean on event structure and the wire intersection of Boolean

Hello,

I'm reading a programe and saw the kind of tunnel of Boolean (see the attched pictures, highlighted with red circle) with the white line square. This is different from the tunnel with ustual solid green box and I didn't manage to find any info talking about this kind of tunnel. Does anyone happen to know what is this kind of tunnel by any chance?

I also found a different format of wire intersection in this picture which is highlighted in the picture with red circle. This wire joint is a round with a 'x' in. Anyone knows about this as well?

Thank you! Any idea is welcome!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,217 Views)

A solid tunnel means that all cases of the case structure or event structure are wired up.

A hollow tunnel means that not all cases are wired up.  It will cause a broken run arrow until you wire them up.

A tunnel with the dot in the middle means not all cases are wired up, but is set to "Use Default Value if Unwired".  so the unwired cases will not cause a broken run arrow, but will output the default value (False for boolean, 0 for numerics, empty strings for strings, .... )

The wire junction with the X means nothing.  It is just a result of the pattern for boolean wires which is not a solid green but a dotted green.  Those white dots carry into the junction's circle.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,205 Views)

In addition to what Ravens said, you should also try to clean up the wires. Obviously, you must have overlapping and hidden tunnels and wires.

For example, the rightmost tunnel looks only one-sided while the third tunnel from the right is an output tunnel set to use defaults if unwired, but from the picture it looks like the F diagram constant is wired to it, making it look like an input tunnel (which cannot be hollow!).

This code is a mess. maybe click the diagram cleanup button before even trying to study it. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,184 Views)

When you have both inputs and outputs coming through the same side of your structure, your code becomes impossible to read.  Do you want to cry later when you try to debug this?  If not, move the inputs to the left and the outputs to the right so you have a chance at reading your code a week from now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,146 Views)

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the replies! I'm really having a hard time to read the code. Thank you for your advice. I should hand on cleaning up the entire code now. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,113 Views)