From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on an almost finished application

Ok, i've almost finished this application that I've been working on and there's one more thing i would like to do.  When i send the mass i want into the daq assistant, it send out the numbers contained in the array, for example 2, 17, and 18.  The problem is that i want them to have there own plots on the graph instead of being all on the same plot.  Does anyone know how i could make each mass have its own plot.  I'll attach an example of the application with this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,332 Views)
Somehow, your program is not very satisfactory overall.

The answer to your question depends on many other things. Do you really need to update the graphs during the FOR loop or is it sufficient to update once at the end?
One possibility would be to place your graph into an array and resize the array according to the number of plots. This would be OK with only a few plots. One possible modification is shown in the attached VI. (LV7.0)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,312 Views)
You could also bundle the Mass into each cluster to indicate the mass for each plot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,305 Views)
I like what you have done with the program, but is there any way we could have all the points on the same graph  with the masses being a different plot.  If there is not a way to do that, it's alright because this is good too, thanks, i really appreciate the help, this is my first summer working with labview.  Im a high school student doing science research for the summer, you have been a lot of help.  Sorry, if some of my questions are not the best.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,302 Views)
Hello Nick,

Adding plots to a graph requires building an array of the points.  Here is the most basic example I could think of which demonstrates having 2 plots on the same graph.

Thanks for posting, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Travis M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,280 Views)