LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about VI Icons and transparencies

I have a question on a non-critical curiosity.

I made some packed libraries of commonly used VI's and threw them in my user.lib folder.

Why is it that when I originally made the VI's, I was able to set transparecy backgrounds. That way, my VI's wouldn't hide traces behind them. But, when I compiled the VI's into a packed library, the transparencies are replaced with white.

Is their a particular reason for this? And is there a fix?

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,679 Views)

Can you attach an example of this?  Perhaps some screenshots of your icons?

You don't want to have wires running behind VI's on a block diagram at all, so I'm not sure why you would try to do that.

VI's can be made smaller than the standard 16x16 size by making pixels within it transparent.  What happens is that anything outside of a color will remain transparent.  Anything to the inside of a colored pixel that is transparent will be made white.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,654 Views)

See my thread here for more information on this.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,648 Views)

Here are some example screenshots.

The odd thing is that when I look at the VI before it's compiled into the packed library, the transparency works fine.

These are just simple VI's that I made as commonly used VI's.

Usually, I do not hide any traces. I always try to make my VI's readable and easy to follow.

Also, do note that the LabVIEW version is 2014, both 32 and 64 bit.

Veni Vidi Duci
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Hi DB_IQ,

This issue recently came to the attention of our R&D team that works with LabVIEW development. I am unsure of what the timeline looks like for this to be resolved, but you can look for CAR #619819 in the notes for upcoming versions and patches to see if it has been fixed.

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,577 Views)

Ah, ok cool.

I figured it was a bug or something. It was never a critical thing, I just had the time to work on some lingering issues and thought I'd ask.

I shall look forward to a patch.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)