LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question abour readint a file .txt

Hello,

I have a question in connection with my application. I have Para_Machine.vi on which I read data starting from a file and to record it in another file. My question is that I do not arrive at reading my data in the file Para_Machine.txt, I do not know pourqoi? Knowing that the first line is right information, it is starting from the second line that one must read the file to go recover the data.
Please , help me?Thank you very much.I send you the file .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,119 Views)
With a problem like this...it is often a good idea to do it in small steps. First...try to just read the data from your file. Don't work from your main application...make a smaller "test" vi where you can see what is going on.

After you get your test application reading the file...you can implement it in your main app.

-Brett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,100 Views)
You've got several problems. The first is that if you want to read one line at a time, you need to eliminate the constant of 0 for the start of read offset. The way you've done this, it will always just read the first line. The correct way is to use a shift register. Wire Start of Read Offset to the left shift register and the mark after read to the right shift register. Then you will read every line. You could also read in the entire file, delete the first line, and then run it through your while loop.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,096 Views)