LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: How to make a radar simulation on XY Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

how i can build a simulation of radar but only to the XY Graph?

What i put in the X and the Y axis?

https://s12.postimg.org/iwsoyaldp/XY_graph.png

https://s13.postimg.org/sntnie0uf/image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 52
(7,916 Views)

What exactly do you mean by simulation of a radar?

Attach a picture of something that looks like what you want.  (We already know what the current LV graph and the express VI look like.Smiley Wink)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 52
(7,913 Views)

Hi 🙂

i want that the line in the attached picture will rotates counterclockwise.

https://s12.postimg.org/lob0h1uf1/Capture.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 52
(7,906 Views)

An xy graph just displays the data. The "simulation" (whatever that means) needs some code implementing the model.

Showing us pictures of an express graph does not narrow down the ambiguity and they are not needed to explain what you are trying to do.

A real radar simulation might need an intensity graph, showing the radar echo intensity as a function of direction and distance. You could simulate a 2D world with some objects and given radar reflectivity, the canculate the profile for each direction.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 52
(7,899 Views)

Aviran wrote:

i want that the line in the attached picture will rotates counterclockwise.

Use a complex array with two points, one at 0,0 and the second one in sherical coordinates where you keep R=1 and increment theta linearly (wrap at 360 degrees). Ise an appropriate delay.

What is your LabVIEW version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 52
(7,897 Views)

Then you just need to include a plot that consists of 2 X,Y points.  The point 0,0, and a point that is at the border of the graph and is a function of the rotation angle.

You can't use it in conjunction with the Build XY Graph express VI because that creates a history and you'll see multiple lines.  You would add the line to the array of series write before you put it in the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 52
(7,896 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aviran

@RavensFan wrote:

You can't use it in conjunction with the Build XY Graph express VI because that creates a history and you'll see multiple lines. 

The history can be turned off, but the express VI is still overkill. Here's what I had in mind earlier, modify as needed.

It is NOT a "radar simulation" (as I defined earlier), but just a rotating line. 😄

(note that you can leave out the IQ&R. I placed it there so you could display the wrapped angle if desired)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 52
(7,888 Views)

Simulating the CRT with a intensity graph:  Green to black intensity , log scale (?)

Plot one beam , decrement the hole graph buffer .

Beam is just visible , 'echo' a quite high value ...

Beam to xy ... maybe use the picuture control vi's instead?? 

just the green channel

decrement a ratio ...

no time to play 😞

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 52
(7,876 Views)

couldn't resist...    radar.png

still room for improvement 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 9 of 52
(7,853 Views)

Placing a transparent decoration over the plot stops the flickering.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 52
(7,838 Views)