LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query with Labview Installer

Hey folks,

I am looking for some quick help hence i decided to post this query without doing a very very extensive search on the net for details about this topic.

I have a labview App & i have built the exe & installer too. Both exe & installer work fine. The trouble is if i install the software and run the application and attempt to unistall the software while the application is running, Windows does not give me any indication that the application is running. It goes ahead with the unistallation. The install directory is empty but the app keeps running. However the static images that i use in the front panel do not show up as these image files were deleted during the uninstallation.

I use Windows 7 64 bit With Labview 2013 on my laptop. The strange thing is on one windows 7 desktop pc it did tell me that the application is running and needs to be closed before uninstallation. But this prompt does not happen on my laptop.

Also with the software running i can go ahead and install a newer version without any issue. I would like the labview installer to tell me that the application is already running.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Abel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,218 Views)

Everything you are doing goes contrary to what install and unistall are suposed to do.  By uninstalling, you are indicating that you no longer wish to run the application on the computer, so why would you leave it running?  Granted, it does happen from time to time, but that is the exception.

If you need this functionality, it has to be implemented in the installer, with help from the Windows utilities that are available.  There is an option to run a program after the install.  You can use that to kill the old process before running the new one.

If you need to have multiple versions installed, you will need to specify separate install directories, or give the exe file name a version number to make it unique.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,124 Views)