From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about LabVIEW run-time engine.

Solved!
Go to solution

Can I access front panel of LabVIEW through Internet Explorer even if I dont have LabVIEW installed in my computer?

Does the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine work in this situation without the support of LabVIEW software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zamoor

>> Can I access front panel of LabVIEW through Internet Explorer even if I dont have LabVIEW installed in my computer?

Yes

Server should have labview run-time engine, labview webserver and should be running remote front panels.

>> Does the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine work in this situation without the support of LabVIEW software?

Did not understand the question.

LabVIEW runtime engine is a LabVIEW software that is required to run labview executables. In case of remote front panels VIs (exes) are running on server that has runtime engine. Web page that you view in browser (client) gives you a picture and monitors where you click it. It passes these clicks to server, he changes picture accordingly (passes these clicks to labview, gets updated picture from it). Client is not running VIs, so it does not need LV run-time engine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,186 Views)

Actually, the client does need the LabVIEW Runtime Engine.  The RTE adds plugins to your web browsers so that you can view remote front panels in them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,169 Views)

I did not understand what you are saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please be more articulate

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,131 Views)

He is being perfectly articulate.

To view remote front panels, you must have the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine installed. It must be the same version as the version of LabVIEW the front panel was made in.

There is a guide here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/viewing_fp_remote/

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,119 Views)

Server has labview and RTE installed in it.

a LabVIEW front panel on server has been published with the help of web publishing tool.

I want that front panel to be accessible from remote location  through a browser.

So what setting do i need for remote location pc (client) without labview.

Plese reply 

If u dont understand i will explain u again in a better way

Thanking u in anticipation

Have a good day or night depending on where u are

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,110 Views)
Solution

I completely understand - but you are not understanding the answer. The remote location pc (client) must have the LabVIEW Runtime Engine installed to access the remote front panel running on the server. You do not need to have the full LabVIEW development system installed on the remote location pc, only the runtime engine.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,103 Views)

@zamoor wrote:

Server has labview and RTE installed in it.

a LabVIEW front panel on server has been published with the help of web publishing tool.

Yes, you are using what has been often called "Remote Front Panels".  For somebody else to see the remote front panel, they (the client) need to have the LabVIEW Runtime Engine installed on their machine.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,101 Views)

Can you suggest or give me the link to download RTE compatible to LVRTE2014min.exe?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,095 Views)
Solution

Here: LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2014 SP1 - (32-bit) - Windows

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,073 Views)