LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quanser DC Motor Control Trainer missing VI's for labview 2009

Hi my name is phillip, a student developer working with labview 2009 and the Quanser DC Motor Control trainer with ELVIS II. I have failed to run the VI for speed control, it appears to be broken and says four sub-vi's are missing and they are "Intergrator.VI," "Integrator (DBL).VI," "Transfer Function.VI," "and "Transfer Function (DBL).VI.". I happen to have installed the control design and simulation toolkit but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,609 Views)

Hi Phillip,

You also need to install the "PID Control Toolkit" module for those QNET VIs.

Let me know how it goes,

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,589 Views)

hey mitch,

I discovered the  VIs i had were for ELVIS I and thats what led to the errors. managed to get those for ELVIS II and they worked perfectly and now I can control the motor. Thanx  alot for your suggestion...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,557 Views)

Hi Phillk, I have the exact same problem with the missing VIs for the Quanser DC motor control with the NIELVIS also for Labview 2009.

Can you please tell me where I can find these VIs? Can you send them to me if it is possible?

I would really appreciate it, 

I need the Transfer Function.vi,  Transfer Function (DBL).vi and the integrators too.

Thank you, 

Carlos M. Rodriguez  

cmrodri4@mail.usf.edu 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,435 Views)

Hi Carlos,

The "Transfer Function(DBL).vi" is part of the LabVIEW PID Toolkit. You need to install that module to make QNET VIs work.

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,414 Views)

hi , i also hv to control dc motor movement using labview 2009,being a new learner, help me how to build program

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,156 Views)

Hi Phillip,

The VIs you are missing are from the LabVIEW "PID Toolkit". In LabVIEW 2009, I believe this add-on may is called "Fuzzy Logic and PID Toolkit". Also make sure you have the "Simulation and Control Design Module" installed. 

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,151 Views)

What dc motor system are you using? QNET? There are many resources on how to control a dc motor in the LabVIEW Examples. Do a search through that or on ni.com and you'll find plenty of stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,152 Views)

hey everybody,

can anyone of u help me to get the vi in given tutorial, i make the same code as shown but its not working,

please do help

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/12944/en/

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,916 Views)

Hello,

What dc motor system are you using? QNET DC Motor Control Trainer v1 or v2? Not all the I/Os may be easily accessed through the Express VI's when using the ELVIS II and a Quanser QNET board.

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,910 Views)