From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QMH template initialize case

I'm not sure I understand whats happening with the references into the bundle by name, is it just loading the current state of each UI object into the shift regester?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,213 Views)

No.

The references do not have data associated with them aside from enough info to allow access to the controls themselves. The references can be used to act on the various UI controls to set their properties, get the value, etc.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,203 Views)

so is this how you're supposed to use this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,171 Views)

That logic doesnt seem to be working, when I go to test that boolean later its still false.

I attached the full snippet this time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,155 Views)

@pathare535 wrote:

That logic doesnt seem to be working, when I go to test that boolean later its still false.

I attached the full snippet this time.

What you have there is SOOOO wrong I have a hard time trying to reply.

1) Search this site for links to tutorials on LabVIEW.

2) Keep at the tutorials until you have learned what a control is and what a reference to a control can do.

3) Learn what the error wire is for and how it can help you.

4) Learn what execution highlighting is and use it to watch code run.

After all of that...

Start with a brand new template and ...

5) watch how the code that was part of the Template was supposed to work.

6) Gradually try to adapt the NEW template to do what you want and test it as you go so you can figure out what you had done that broke the template.

In short you have done the equivalent of buying a new car, ripping out the engine and transmision, and then added a brand new pair of fuzzy dice to hang from the rear-view mirror and are wondering why it is not work.

Doing my best to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 5
(3,130 Views)