LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Encoder

@RavensFan wrote:

You still have a regular waveform graph in there.  You need a "digital" waveform graph.

There are numerous functions on the Waveform >>Digital Wfm palette.  You'll likely need to use several of those.

Search the examples for "digital waveform graph".  They are more complicated data structures.  You are just going to have to read and learn.  Search the forums for that same phrase and read other message threads where people had specifically asked about them.

EDIT:  I found the secret sauce is Boolean Array to Digital.  See attached.

How I show my counter value increment when A lead B and decrement when B lead A?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(927 Views)

Well does it run the way you want?  That tells you whether it is correct or not.

Be careful with your terminology.  You talk about a digital waveform chart.  You are using a digital waveform graph.  (I haven't seen whether a digital waveform chart actually exists in LabVIEW.  There is a key difference between a "chart" and a "graph".  A chart contains a history and allows you to feed it one point at a time and will add it to its history to show a continuously moving waveform, just like a strip chart recorder.  A graph has no history.  It only shows you what you feed it.  Feed it one data point, it will only show a point (and you might not even see if if you don't have a marker for points on an analog waveform graph.).  So if you want to show a running history, you need to build that data within your loop, which is what I did with the example I sent you.  Note that I didn't have any code in there to prevent that array from becoming infinitely large and filling up memory if you run that VI long enough.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(924 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Well does it run the way you want?  That tells you whether it is correct or not.

Be careful with your terminology.  You talk about a digital waveform chart.  You are using a digital waveform graph.  (I haven't seen whether a digital waveform chart actually exists in LabVIEW.  There is a key difference between a "chart" and a "graph".  A chart contains a history and allows you to feed it one point at a time and will add it to its history to show a continuously moving waveform, just like a strip chart recorder.  A graph has no history.  It only shows you what you feed it.  Feed it one data point, it will only show a point (and you might not even see if if you don't have a marker for points on an analog waveform graph.).  So if you want to show a running history, you need to build that data within your loop, which is what I did with the example I sent you.  Note that I didn't have any code in there to prevent that array from becoming infinitely large and filling up memory if you run that VI long enough.

Maybe i mistaken state out something. But I just want to know how i going to get the result as same as the picture below only. I still new to using LabVIEW. I need to take longer time to used it and explore it. I have try so many ways and explore from internet still cant implement out the the thing as stated below. I'm so sorry about that. 

original.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(903 Views)