LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put multiple Waveforms graphs in a report

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a new LabView user and i'm trying to select more then one waveform graph with a control or a list to my Word report, but i couldn't find a way to do it. I can select just ONE from many graphs, but sometimes i need to send two or three.

Sending my .vi so you guys understand my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,380 Views)

Hi Luiz,

Use the "Append Control Image to Report.vi" multiple times, or in a loop with your array of references.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,370 Views)
Message 3 of 9
(3,362 Views)

Thank you very much Gregoryj! Nicely done, but what if i want just two graphs? Can i put a selector on the front panel to choose wich graph to insert in the report?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,357 Views)

Sure, just have an array of booleans going in to the loop and only write the image if a True is input. This one will write element 0 and 2 from the control reference array.

for loop.png

Message 5 of 9
(3,351 Views)

Gregoryj, thank you again, i understood what you did and works great, but one last question. what if a want from the front panel choose wich graph insert in the report? I was thinking of something like a list or a box of the avaliable graphs and then click on the ones i'd like to get image, is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,345 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LuizRocha

Right click on the block diagram boolean array >> Change to Control. Now you have an array control on your front panel, re-size it to the size that you need. Then you can double click on empty front panel space to make a label for it. I don't think you can change the actual label on the array without effecting all of the labels, so I just made an extra label to the side of it.

boolean array.PNG

Message 7 of 9
(3,338 Views)

Great! You really helped on this! if could i would give more kudos! Thank you again gregory

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,331 Views)

No problem, feel free to mark a solution 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,326 Views)