From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put multiple Waveforms graphs in a report

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a new LabView user and i'm trying to select more then one waveform graph with a control or a list to my Word report, but i couldn't find a way to do it. I can select just ONE from many graphs, but sometimes i need to send two or three.

Sending my .vi so you guys understand my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,421 Views)

Hi Luiz,

Use the "Append Control Image to Report.vi" multiple times, or in a loop with your array of references.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,411 Views)
Message 3 of 9
(3,403 Views)

Thank you very much Gregoryj! Nicely done, but what if i want just two graphs? Can i put a selector on the front panel to choose wich graph to insert in the report?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,398 Views)

Sure, just have an array of booleans going in to the loop and only write the image if a True is input. This one will write element 0 and 2 from the control reference array.

for loop.png

Message 5 of 9
(3,392 Views)

Gregoryj, thank you again, i understood what you did and works great, but one last question. what if a want from the front panel choose wich graph insert in the report? I was thinking of something like a list or a box of the avaliable graphs and then click on the ones i'd like to get image, is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,386 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LuizRocha

Right click on the block diagram boolean array >> Change to Control. Now you have an array control on your front panel, re-size it to the size that you need. Then you can double click on empty front panel space to make a label for it. I don't think you can change the actual label on the array without effecting all of the labels, so I just made an extra label to the side of it.

boolean array.PNG

Message 7 of 9
(3,379 Views)

Great! You really helped on this! if could i would give more kudos! Thank you again gregory

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,372 Views)

No problem, feel free to mark a solution 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,367 Views)