LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put in order a project

But then proyects are not going to be complete ever, I mean, never with all the files together in the same folder, and then some of them will be in one folders, other in other... :s. It's been harder than I expected :s
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(523 Views)

Well, you'd most probably use VIs from the vi.lib, aren't you (e.g. VIs from the waveform or the mathematical palette)? They are also modules shared between your projects.....

The only thing important is to distinguish between project specific modules and multiproject items!

Norbert

Message Edited by Norbert B on 09-10-2009 08:28 AM
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(520 Views)

Sorry for bringing back this issue, but there are some ideas of "recycling" VIs that aren't still clear for me.

What is the proper way to work when I want to create a VI and it is going to be similar to one already develop but with some changes? Because in that case I can not share completely the VI but I don't want start from scratch either.

Also the VI has subVIs that I am going to keep without modify. What should I do? Create a library with these subVIs? Or just sharing them? Can I share them without being in a library.

Do you know also any tutorial or manual that could help me understand how to share files, how to work with libraries (and specially libraries and Labview proyect: can I just add a library to a project, do I have also to copy its files to the Labview project tree....), when I should use libraries...?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(472 Views)

There are some real good articles about application developement in LabVIEW in this link. The link is www.ni.com/labview/power if you are interested in a well readable URL.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(451 Views)