LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put IP's that answer into a list?

Hello i posted a post before and now i have come a little bit further in my project. I now have a program that you write a ip in and the program shows what instrument it is if the ip is connected and answer. What i have to do is to read a list of ip addresses and for those ip's that are connected i put them in a list and for those that are not connected i will ignore.

Form the list of the connected instruments i just made i then want to be able to choose one of the ip's that i want to check what instrument it is. I now wonder how i can search trough a list of ip's and then put them in to a list so i can click on them to choose them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(2,783 Views)
Please don't start a new thread and pay attention to what the the VISA Resource Control actually does.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(2,780 Views)

When you say IPs do you mean IP addresses? If so, they are simple strings so you would store you list in an array of strings.

To allow people to select one, you can put this array of strings into a single column listbox and use an event structure to tell when the user double-clicks of one of the items.

Or selects an item and clicks an OK button.

Or either.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(2,739 Views)

Thanks for the help i now solved the problems i had. What i now try to do is to search trough all ip's with a for lop and now i want to put all ip's that respond in a combobox (or similar) and those who no respond i want to ignore. Since i get an error when an instrument doesent respond i want to use that sort out all ip's. Anyone that have any idea how i could do this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(2,698 Views)

Oh i misseed your answer. Yes i mean IP addresses. Thats exactly what i try to do now. I ping all IP addresses and those who respond i want to put in some kind of drop-down menu or list. My problem now is that i dont know how to continously put strings in arrays/lists?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(2,687 Views)

Hi qweewq,

you really need to learn how to use shift registers:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(2,679 Views)

Yeah i guess im totally new to LV. What array function do you use i middle of the picture?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(2,672 Views)

Hi qweewq,

that's a SNIPPET - and I used BuildArray…

When you are "totally new" to LabVIEW you should start by going through all those FREE online courses on NI.com and study all those example VIs coming with LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(2,670 Views)

Great i will try this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(2,665 Views)

What is that pink box called array in you picture?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(2,660 Views)