From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing cRio data on a webserver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

We are running a cRio 9022 and I have a Labview file reading sensor data in real-time. The file executes when the Rio turns on, but for me to view the data in real-time, I have to reset the vi. So I have been thinking of just publishing the file on a webserver so I can just login and look at the data through a web-browser at anytime, without resetting the host file. However, I have been having trouble publishing the file on the network. I have gone through all the web publishing tutorials and the remote panels tutorials but I either get "Access denied" or "Client server does not support...", or just a web connection not made error. 

Any ideas would be really helpful. I am fairly new to Labview so please excuse my naivness. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,862 Views)

It would help if you upload your entire LabVIEW project, including the .lvproj file which would show the web server settings for your cRIO. Also, have you tried using the Web Publishing Tool under the Tools menu? Are you trying to display the front panel of your VI in a web browser, or just some pieces of data? Can you provide more detail about exactly what you've tried?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,845 Views)

Hi, 

I have attached the project with the settings for the webserver and the cRio. Also included the Remote Front Panels tutorial by Labview that I have tried. 

Thank  you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,824 Views)

Here's the remote panel tutorial that I tried.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,823 Views)

The Remote Front Panels tutorial is a bit out of date, as it refers to LabVIEW 6.1.

In your project, the cRIO is configured to allow remote front panel access to all VIs on port 8000. Have you tried connecting to the remote front panel within the LabVIEW environment, and not over the web? It's under the Operate menu, Connect to Remote Front Panel. Make sure you get the port number right.

If you can connect, then remote front panels are working. The next step is to build a web page that will host the VI viewer plug-in, using the Web Publishing Tool. It will create an html file. Copy that file to ni-rt\system\www folder on the cRIO. Then, you should be able to access the VI by pointing your web browser at the new html file, again making sure to use the port number that you configured in the cRIO settings in the project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,820 Views)

I did set the Port numbers to 8000, because apparently the server doesn't support the Port if it's set to 80. I can't get the Remote Panel Server to connect from within Labview. Is there a tutorial to debug this? I am not able to find it

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,812 Views)

Is there Remote Panel Server installed on your cRIO? If you expand the cRIO in Measurement and Automation Explorer, you should see it, as shown in the image below. If it is not, use Measurement and Automation Explorer to install it.

Remote Panel Server- MAX.png

You can configure the web server on port 80. What occurred that made you think it doesn't support that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,807 Views)

I do have Remote Panel Server for LabVIEW RT 13.0.0 installed. 

If I change the ports to 80 and try to Connect to Remote Panel under Operate, the Connection Status says: "Server does not support Remote Panels". However, if I change the ports to 8000, it keeps trying to connect without any change in status; I have waited for 15 minutes before stopping it. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,772 Views)

Sorry, I'm running out of ideas here. Make sure you deploy the LabVIEW Project settings (which includes the web server port) by right-clicking the cRIO target in the project explorer and choosing Deploy. You could also try reformatting the cRIO (from Measurement and Automation Explorer) and reinstalling.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,766 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author glory00000

These links helped when I recently did this.

Configuring Remote Front Panels on a Real-Time Target

Tutorial: Creating and Accessing a LabVIEW Web Service

LabVIEW Web Services FAQ

The system that runs the browser used to access the cRIO will need to have installed at least a compatible (to what's on the cRIO RT system) version of the LabVIEW runtime engine

In my case I enter this into the address bar of FireFox (which works better for me than IE) http://192.168.84.199:8000/Fast_Regen_Shutter.html and it just connects and works.

Message 10 of 13
(6,756 Views)