From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect SINE OUT BNC fron SR850 lockin

Hi,

I am trying to use SR810 lock amplifier at scientific experintal.

I need to apply the signal from SINE OUT BNC output in a thin ceramic sample. My sample is an plane disk with electrodes in opposite faces.  This sample is isolante material, but sometimes the voltage can damage the sample and cause a short circuit between the electrodes and also a short circuit between pin signal e GND from SINE OUT BNC. I need 5Vrms from Lockin.

My question:
1) How can I protect SR850 not modify or affect my overall result?
2) Can I put an resitor 10Mohm in serie with my sample for to limite electrical current? For exemplo:  
     [signal pin]-----{resistor 10M}-----{sample}-----[GND]

3)This circuit would change my results if the sample remain undamaged?

Thanks,

Acosta

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,291 Views)

I'm sorry.

I have an sr830 DSP Lock-In Amplifier

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,282 Views)

Acosta,

What does this question have to do with LabVIEW or other NI products?

The questions you ask cannot be answered without knowledge of your samples and the types of measurements you are making. How much current can your sample withstand? How much voltage does it take to damage the sample? What is the input impedance of the measuring circuit? What are the frequencies and bandwidths involved? Is it possible that the samples are defective before the voltage is applied?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,241 Views)