From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PropertyNode: Interface Information: Interface Description fails on second call

Hello all,

I´m new here and I have a problem.

As the subject already tells the property node: Interface Information: Interface Description fails on second call.

I have written a SubVI to get the virtual COM Port of a specified Device, which is connected via USB to my computer.

Therefore I use the "VISA Find Resource" VI to get a list of all active COM Ports and then use the mentioned property Node to get the device information.

I search for a specific string in this device information and if this string is found, I have my needed COM Port.

This is all working. Except for the case I start this SubVI a second time. 

I always get an error from this property node saying: Error: -1073807246 in Property Node, VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA can not currently access it.

I don`t understand why I´m getting this error. I don`t even open the VISA Resource. I just check the name of it and make a VISA Close.

Maybe the problem is in my device?! I don`t know.

If I switch my device off and on again. My VI is again working once.

I hope someone has an idea, where this problem comes from and how to fix it.

I have the part of my SubVI, which is relevant to see the issue.

Thanks in advice

Best regards 

TDO

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,565 Views)

Hi TDO,

please indicate cross posts! (Even when this was 'just' the German forum…)

😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,562 Views)

Oh I`m sorry... I didn`t know, these two forums belong together

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,559 Views)

Hallo TDO,

die gehören nicht zusammen.

Trotzdem werden CrossPosts nicht gern gesehen, weder im LabVIEWForum noch hier - zumindest dann, wenn der OP nicht darauf hinweist. Hast du im LVF mal die Forumsregeln durchgelesen?

Gruß

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,555 Views)
Does anyone have an idea, why this Problem occurs?!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,511 Views)

I tried and I did not find why you receive this error.

I don't receive any error, I have got only 2 serial ports, one system port, the other from Arduino.

Ususally you receive this kind of error if another program or process take the possession of the resource, opening it.

Do you do something else after this code? Maybe you use your port, and forget to close it ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,040 Views)