LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property node use causes Pane to resize with hidden controls

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an interaction between unrelated controls when using property nodes. During initialization I am configuring a tab control pane based on information in the configuration file. Basically I am hiding all the unused controls and resizing the tab control pane size to hide all of the unused space. Everything works as expected up to this point. I am using a property node to change the Boolean txt, disable/enable and set the value of a button control based on the status of a hardware interlock. Whenever the this property node runs the front panel resizes to the minimum size that contains all of the hidden controls. LabVIEW seems to be redrawing the hidden controls despite the fact that they are hidden.

Here is an example of what is going on.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,409 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wburnett

Your tab control has AutoGrow turned on.  (Check the right click menu of the tab control followed by "Advanced".)

Apparently the actions of changing the boolean labels or hitting the visibility of the button are enough to trigger LabVIEW to check whether the tab size needs to grow to fit all of the contents since the AutoGrow flag is set.

Message 2 of 3
(2,393 Views)

Thanks for that!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,386 Views)