LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper format of cells after Writing to csv file?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been searching, yet struggling with what is probably pretty simple to do.  I am writing data to a csv but my data is not coming out the way I need it to look in the spreadsheet once its been written.  Each of the channel's data from the front panel need to be in their own Column.  Please see attached csv for what I'm aiming to accomplish in a finished program.  As of right now, I can write to the csv file but the data and fields are not in their proper columns/rows.  Can someone get me jump started on this please?  I'm very new and green in Labview.  This is my first program.  Thank you. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by busarider29

Wire "T" in to "transpose?"

Message 2 of 7
(2,940 Views)

Well, that was easy!  Ill try not to ask any more questions with obvious answers. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,898 Views)

It is recommended to turn on context help (ctrl+H) so you can get a brief description of stuff you mouse over.  You can get detailed information by clicking on "details".

For example, you would have seen the terminal for "transpose" in the context window.  Curious to see what it did, you would have clicked on "details".  That would have shown you what "transpose" does.

I hate it that Microsoft trains you to ignore help files because they write them so poorly.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 7
(2,890 Views)

Hey, that came across a little bluntly.  It wasn't intended to demean you in any way.  I apologize if that's the way you took it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,886 Views)

Thanks.  Done.  Helps for sure, but I still wouldn't have known what "transpose" does unless I tried it.  Helps if I know what "transpose" means to begin with.  😉  Now I know. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,884 Views)

It's supposed to be a common programming term, but the only reason I knew what it meant was because I happened to read the help file for "transpose 2d array".  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,850 Views)