From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prop_DevFamily "Spartan6" not recognised by Xilinx 11.5

I have a cRIO-9075 which I'm trying to get going with a couple of 9223 modules, using an example project I managed to find.

I have Labview, FPGA and RT modules, all 2010 SP1, and NI-RIO 12.0 installed. I also have the Xilinx 11.5 Compilation tools installed as described for LV 2010 SP1, and I've been able to locate the cRIO in NI-MAX and have installed the recommended software sets for LV 2010 (phew!).

I thought that would be everything, but when I try to compile the example project, or for that matter an empty vi, I get the following compilation error:

ERROR:TclTasksC: Project_028: Unknown property value "spartan6" specified for "PROP_DevFamily"
    while executing
"project set family spartan6"
    (file "C:\NIFPGA\jobs\r41egX9_XI64xG6\synthesize.tcl" line 5)

I can only find one reference to this error before in this forum thread, http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/FPGA-2010-Compilation-error-TclTasklC-project-028-Unknown/m-p/175048... but the solutions were either to upgrade to 2011 (which I'm unable to do) or install NI-RIO 4.1 - which I also can't do as I have a more up-to-date version.

Can anyone suggest some other steps I can take to debug this?

any help appreciated

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,917 Views)

Hi danBrown,

NI-RIO 12.0 supports both the cRIO-9075 as well as LabView 2010 SP1 and therefore you should have no problems with your system configuration. This leads me to believe that there could be a problem with the software installation. Can I ask where you installed the Xilinx 11.5 compilation tools from? Was it from a disk or was it from the NI website? I would recommend that you download and re-install the Xilinx tools from the following location on the NI website (if you have not already done this)

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3513/lang/en

Give this a try and see how it goes.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,851 Views)