LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prop_DevFamily "Spartan6" not recognised by Xilinx 11.5

I have a cRIO-9075 which I'm trying to get going with a couple of 9223 modules, using an example project I managed to find.

I have Labview, FPGA and RT modules, all 2010 SP1, and NI-RIO 12.0 installed. I also have the Xilinx 11.5 Compilation tools installed as described for LV 2010 SP1, and I've been able to locate the cRIO in NI-MAX and have installed the recommended software sets for LV 2010 (phew!).

I thought that would be everything, but when I try to compile the example project, or for that matter an empty vi, I get the following compilation error:

ERROR:TclTasksC: Project_028: Unknown property value "spartan6" specified for "PROP_DevFamily"
    while executing
"project set family spartan6"
    (file "C:\NIFPGA\jobs\r41egX9_XI64xG6\synthesize.tcl" line 5)

I can only find one reference to this error before in this forum thread, http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/FPGA-2010-Compilation-error-TclTasklC-project-028-Unknown/m-p/175048... but the solutions were either to upgrade to 2011 (which I'm unable to do) or install NI-RIO 4.1 - which I also can't do as I have a more up-to-date version.

Can anyone suggest some other steps I can take to debug this?

any help appreciated

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,919 Views)

Hi danBrown,

NI-RIO 12.0 supports both the cRIO-9075 as well as LabView 2010 SP1 and therefore you should have no problems with your system configuration. This leads me to believe that there could be a problem with the software installation. Can I ask where you installed the Xilinx 11.5 compilation tools from? Was it from a disk or was it from the NI website? I would recommend that you download and re-install the Xilinx tools from the following location on the NI website (if you have not already done this)

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3513/lang/en

Give this a try and see how it goes.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,853 Views)