LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt user for input with password input

With the Express VI "prompt user for input" it is possible to have some inputs.
But, when I need a text entry box as a password display, I have a problem. This option is not available. Or, am I wrong with this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,095 Views)
As an Express VI, you don't have this option but if you right click on it and select Open Front Panel, the Express VI will be converted to a normal VI that you can modify and save.
Message 2 of 5
(5,095 Views)

I tried this & this worked & thanks you for that... But problem with this is if in your project if you have multiple places where you are prompting for password then you have to save this VI with that number of times. OtherWise this is ROCKING

Thankyou very much for this reply. For this i was struggling from long time.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Ranjeet Singh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,408 Views)

Actually there is absolutely no need to create the different password for the different VIs.. .Create for the one & by using "Select a  VI " function Reuse it.....

With Regards----

Ranjeet Singh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,402 Views)

@ranjeet Singh wrote:

Actually there is absolutely no need to create the different password for the different VIs.. .Create for the one & by using "Select a  VI " function Reuse it.....

With Regards----

Ranjeet Singh

Are you trying to answer the query? Yes !!! ( ? ).. I would suggest NI to make the date of the post bold enough so that anyone can see it easily..

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,397 Views)