LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt User to Choose From Drop down Menu

Hi guys,

I am currently using the Prompt User for Input. However, I would like to link the prompt user to a drop down menu so that the user can select from a list of specific inputs. How can I do that ?

Please refer to attached photo.

Merci.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,118 Views)

Hi prof,

create your own "user prompt" VI! Then you can use any control you like...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(7,107 Views)
Think this is what you are checking for
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8768/en/
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,103 Views)

Hi Udka,

I tried that but it doesn't appear as a dialog as what Prompt User for Input does.

I tried using checkbox from Prompt User for Input. 

How should I wire the selected checkbox value to my array when I have more than 3 possible checkboxes ? Please see attached photo.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,079 Views)
Hi pokerprof,
-Do you mean to say that, three boolean values to case structure??
-If yes, Then you can try building an array with those three boolean values and then use Boolean Array to Number and connect this number to Case selector.
-If not, Can you please elaborate on your problem, i didn't understand clearly.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,069 Views)

Yes, I do mean that.

This is how I did it. Please see attached photo.

However, I would still love to have a dropdown menu instead of a checkbox in the Prompt User for Info.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,066 Views)

Hi poker,

-when i said, building array and boolean array to num, i meant like in the below image (It lloks simpler)

-I think that option may not be available in that Prompt User for info.

-If you still want that feature, Then try implementing the same using the solution procived in this http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8768/en/

-In the above link, Go to Implementing Custom Dialog Box >> implementation for Location selection is given as dropdown box.

-try the same and it can work for you.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,060 Views)

@pokerprof wrote:

Hi guys,

I am currently using the Prompt User for Input. However, I would like to link the prompt user to a drop down menu so that the user can select from a list of specific inputs. How can I do that ?

Please refer to attached photo.

Merci.

Hello,

You can try using the "System Ring" in the System menu. See the attached image. this creates a menu where the output is a numeric depending on which selection the user makes. This can then lead to a case structure or used to select an index from a string array to convert to strings. the "system enum" might work as well, I'm actually still experimenting with these as well.

I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,599 Views)

For creating user menus, you need to set the VI properties <ctl> i

You can set the window appearance to dialog. In customize, you can have the window open when called and closed when completed. Property nodes can be used to set the ring options.

Download All
Message 9 of 9
(5,394 Views)