From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project running out of memory

I using LabVIEW 15.0.1f7

I'm getting a popup saying "Not enough memory to complete this operation."

When I open my project is loads about 300,000kB into memory.  I don't do anything else.  I don't open any VI's, I don't run any VI's, nothing.  But that memory usage just climbs until it crashes.  I noticed little green check marks on the project items once it's locked up, not sure what they mean.  (attached picture)

Seems like a memory leak, but I'm not sure how I could be causing it since nothing I made is even running?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,700 Views)

How many VIs are in your project? What size are they?

It looks like you're using the TSVN toolkit (which shows the source control/SVN status of the VIs) - have you tried uninstalling that just to check it isn't a problem with the plug in?

If that doesn't help...it also looks like you have a pretty flat project hierarchy - you might want to try and group things into virtual folders and/or labview libraries.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,689 Views)

Not sure how to find out how many VI's total are in it.  200ish I'm guessing.

I did have TSVN installed.  I uninstalled it already because I thought those check boxes might be from it.  No change.

Although I just noticed in the tools menu I have Viewpoint TSVN listed.  I didn't install that.  Is this part of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,645 Views)
I said the TSVN Toolkit - it's the Viewpoint TSVN that you're referring to. It isn't included in LabVIEW so you (or someone) must have installed it at some point. I think it's installed/uninstalled from VI Package manager. It's a LabVIEW addon/extension that interfaces with Tortoise SVN to show the SVN status of VIs from within LabVIEW (instead of just through Windows Explorer).

Try uninstalling it (and any other addons you might have) and see if that helps.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,633 Views)

If uninstalling toolkits or addons doesn't help, can you check to see if any ActiveX objects are in the project VIs?

It turns out that merely being added to a VI is enough to cause code execution when the VI is loaded.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,625 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

If uninstalling toolkits or addons doesn't help, can you check to see if any ActiveX objects are in the project VIs?

It turns out that merely being added to a VI is enough to cause code execution when the VI is loaded.  

Good point - I think the same can also be said about XControls.

Does it only happen in this particular project? Or when you open any project? Have you tried creating a new project and adding the files back into it one-by-one?

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,614 Views)