From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project item - Save As disabled

I've never noticed this before, but any ideas why the Save As option is disabled on the right click menu of project items?

If I open the item, both the Save and Save As options become available.

I can understand the Save option not being accessible with the item unloaded, but not the Save As.

I wanted to easily duplicate the VI as it is very similar to a new function (Save As -> Copy -> Open additional copy).

Save As.PNG

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,159 Views)

I see this in LV 2013 and it's probably that way in pretty much all the versions of LabVIEW that support projects.  I don't know why, but in certain situations, they DO become available.  Like if the VI is open in a window.  But there are other times, too.  Probably having something to do with it being loaded into memory in a certain way, but I haven't figured out the pattern yet.  If I want to "Save As", I just open the VI and do it that way.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,134 Views)

Thanks for verifying in a previous version.

Based on that, I think I'll add this as a suggestion on the Idea Exchange. Shouldn't take much to implement I wouldn't have thought.

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,105 Views)