LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project file becomming corrupt

Hoping to find some help with this...

I am working on a larger project that was originally written in 2009(??) (whenever shared variables were introduced) The project has been converted to 2013 and has worked (for the most part). However I recently had to make a change that is causing the lvproj file to become corrupt. There is a large cluster of information that I needed to modify to contain a class object. Everytime I do this, I get no errors and the program seems to run, but when I try to open the project the next time LabVIEW tells me the project file is corrupt.

Other maybe relevant information:

OS is Windows XP 32bit

LV 2013

The cluster used to feed into a shard variable, but I changed it to a Global variable becuase shared variables don't accept Class data.

The class is coming from a vip, not the project itself.

Any insight into why this would corrupt the lvproj???

I may not be able to respond right away, but will check this in the morning.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,149 Views)

Can you upload an image or something

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,126 Views)

Sure, the first image is the unmodified cluster. This code doesn't cause any issues. The reference that I need to replace is highlighted in red. When I change that to an object (shown in the second picture) I don't get any error and the program seems to run ok, but the project file becomes corrupt and I can't open it again.

I am trying to verify that this isn't an issue with my computer and loading labview on another computer right now. I will follow up if I am sitll having issues.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,105 Views)

I have now confirmed that is error is not specific to one computer. I can work around this, and luckily I have a backup from a few days ago, but this could be a huge problem if it wasn't backed up.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,087 Views)

I think I have found the problem.

It seems another VI was still trying to plug the cluster into a shared variable. I don't know why LabVIEW didn't give an error, but that seems to violated some basic rule (having a Class Object in a Shared variable) which caused the project file to become corrupt.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,076 Views)