LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Euler Problems Help (Urgent)

Hi 

Everyone has got some limitations. By the time now, I have proved to you all that I can't solve it anymore on my own and need help. I can see that everyone here agrees that question 1 is a tough one. Only a fully working solution can help me now. What that can now make a diifference is someone willing to post the solution understanding my situation.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(783 Views)

Problem 1 has two distinct parts.

1. finding the first 1000 digits of e
  2. finding the largest product of 6 consecutive digits

#1 is hard unless you do some internet research. I already gave you some links (but you would need to be familiar with e.g. C or ALGOL :o). The algorithm is quite simple and only involves integers. Two stacked FOR loops and a few shift registers is all that's needed. My LabVIEW code is much less than the size of a postcard.

#2 is easy. As a first step you could just get the first 1000 digits from here, use it as a diagram constant, and see what answer you get. Maybe you get partial credit for that. 😉

Just paste the string from the web page, remove all linefeeds (and the decimal point), and convert it into an array of single digits as I explained earlier, truncate to 1000 elements, and find the product.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(779 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(768 Views)

Got the same answer as Altenbach; that paper from 1968 is a real winner.  And yeah, man, let us know where you got stuck.  These kind of problems can be fun when you get them working

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
Message 34 of 35
(748 Views)

Hi all, thanks for your interest to help me. Smiley Happy I am now little busy seeking a job here in India based on LabVIEW application development. When I am free, I will analyse again from the begining where I am stuck. I am now sure that I will soon solve it since people here are interested to guide me.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(688 Views)