From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Difference in Labview with Serena Version Manager

We are using Serena ChangeMan Version Manager (integrated) with LabVIEW. And I was wondering if there was anyways for us to do a "Project Difference" in the LabVIEW. We need the ability to do a difference between what is in the Version Manager database and what is in the working directories. This is the most effective way to tell what changes have been made. Without this management of the software baseline will become difficult and time consuming. This is also very useful during the new development stage. There are often occasion when people have forgotten to check files in. Which cause a problem when attempting to build testers from the version manager baseline. This is easily avoided if the developer can do a difference of the development area to the version manager repository. VSS provide this feature and highlights the following in different colors: differences indicating if a file is in the repository but different from the local file, if the file is checkout, if the file does not exist in the repository or if the file exist in the repository but does not exist locally.

We are using LabVIEW 8.0 with Version Manager 8.1

Message Edited by Harsh324 on 05-17-2006 07:47 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,382 Views)
Harsh324,

So once you have Serena configured in LabVIEW are you able to right-click in the project and select Show Differences?  As mentioned in this tutorial the Graphical Differencing feature is only officially supported by Visual Source Safe and Perforce, however you may be able to get some information from this.  I am not familiar with Serena, so it could be possible that it has something similar built in as well. 

Please let me know if you get any results by selecting the option from the project.  Thanks!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,370 Views)
The "Show Difference" feature shows difference between two files. I was looking for something along the whole database, where you can compare the whole database with the working directory and see which files are missing or different.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,361 Views)
Harsh324,

I don't believe that there is any built in functionality that will allow you to see the differences between all of the files in the project and those in the SCC database.  I do think that this could be done programmatically fairly easily using the SCC VIs.  If you were to use the SCC Compare VIs function you could check to see the VIs in the project match those that are in SCC.  From this you could get a good idea of what is changed or missing.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,349 Views)