From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming temperature ramp for hot plate

Hi,

I need help with programming a temperature ramp for the hot plate from Torrey pines HP60. Would I be able to just connect it to the hot plate and run the program on the computer? 

I do not have a program to run at the moment and am new to Labview. 
I watched the Labview tutorials but still not sure where to begin. I tried to look up for example program but am unable to find any. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,256 Views)

How are you communicating to the hot plate?  Is it a communications bus (RS-232) or an output from a data acquisition device (analog, discrete)?

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,236 Views)

It's possible to use a USB serial cable and connect it between the hot plate and the computer. Would I be able to just write a program thorugh that connection only or do I need an output from a data acquisition device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,216 Views)

You should be able to control the hot plate through the RS-232 connection.  See if the manufacturer has LabVIEW drivers and examples for controlling it.  This will save you a lot of time.  The manual should also describe the communications protocol over RS-232.

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,199 Views)

I tried to look up for LabVIEW examples too on their site but wasn't able to find any. I'll look at the manual again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,194 Views)