LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming incremental delay for retriggerable pulse train with DAQmx

Hello!

I've programmed with DAQTraditional and a NI PCI-6602 counter board, an application which generates one rettrigerable TTL pulse with an incremental delay every time a TTL pulse activates the gate GATE of counter C0.
Now I'm trying to do the same with DAQmx so the counter is programmed once and generates N pulses with a delay like :
delay_i= (gate_pulse_i * increment) + initial_delay , where gate_pulse_i=0..(N-1)
in the task: rettrigerable pulse generation with an incremental delay.

Despite the helpfully documentation of LabView, I was not able to find a channel Counter Output property like "auto increment" for every incoming pulse at GATE of C0, like in DAQTraditional. I even tried to do this with
"Counter Output:General Properties:More:Auto Increment Count" but this property is not avalaible for TIO devices content in the NI PCI-6602, but I can autoincrement the delay with de DAQTraditional.

Now I'm running a loop which run and stop the task every time de delay_i is to be incremented, because I have to reconfigure the counter C0 to set delay, due to this the pulse generation is too slow and some incoming pulses into the C0gate get lost. In order to not to loose any incoming pulse, the frequency of the incoming pulses at gate C0, can't be set greater than 10Hz. I already know that reseting, starting and stopping frequently causes a performance lost.

I have some questions:
1. Programming with DAQmx, is it possible not to loose any incoming pulses at frequencies higher than 10 Hz for?
2. Is there a way to programm the counter, like with an autoincrement-delay in DAQTraditional?

Forwarding thanks for your helpfully support,

Manuel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,079 Views)