LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming a japanese onscreen keyboard in Labview (Linux)

HI,

I would like to know whether it is possible to program an onscreen keyboard for a touch screen in Japanese.

I found a lot of threads on onscreen keyboards programmed for Windows but none for Linux.

Also, which is the best IME for Japanese in linux and how do i access this IME in labview.

Thanks in advance.

Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,685 Views)
Hey, are you using the LabVIEW touch Panel Module or are you just using a true computer that had a touch panel screen?  Also, I am sorry but what is IME?  Let me know these things and I can definately help you out.
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,672 Views)
HI Daniel,

Im using a computer with touch screen monitor.

IME means Input Method Editor. As Japanese has a few thousand alphabets, which cannot be fitted on a standard keyboard, an IME programm is used to show the possible set of words from a selected few alphabets.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,666 Views)
Hey, so I am still trying to visualize what the end goal is.  Could you post the articles you are referring to?  Is it a bunch of bolean controls that are arranging to look like a keyboard that has Japanese text on each button? 
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,648 Views)
I don't know how to get to it in LabVIEW, but I think SCIM has a pretty nice Japanese IME for Linux, I use it at home and it works just as well for me as the Microsoft IME.
Hope that is at least of some help...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,644 Views)