LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Total Flow

Solved!
Go to solution

Alright, well I have it working where it will give me the correct volume when the draw starts and as the draw continues I get accurate measurements. When the valve is closed the draw stops and so does my running total until I open the valve back up. I ended up just using the cycle time and a simple feedback node to accomplish the job (as seen in "Total Flow 3" attached).

My current issue is getting the "Total Volume" to reset to 0.0 when the valve is closed, so that when I open it back up it starts the running total on a clean slate. I know a few people have suggested ways about doing this, but I am having a hard time figuring out a way to make it work. If possible an example would be incredible, but if not advice is always appreciated. Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(854 Views)

In the false case of your upper left case structure, wire 0 to the total volume output.

Message 12 of 15
(826 Views)

Thank You! I don't know why I made that so much harder than it actually was. The program is finished and runs smoothly! I incorporated an extra shift register to record total volume flow throughout the entire test as well as the running total that resets after each draw. Thank you all for your helpful advice, now I just need to decide which reply I should mark as the solution to my original question.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(791 Views)

If anyone following this post is interested in assisting me with the next big step in my program, I have ran into issues once more and started a new topic. You can find the post here: Relay Control via Time & Total Flow

Thanks again for everyone's help!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(732 Views)

@M_Blaylock33 wrote:

Thank You! I don't know why I made that so much harder than it actually was. The program is finished and runs smoothly! I incorporated an extra shift register to record total volume flow throughout the entire test as well as the running total that resets after each draw. Thank you all for your helpful advice, now I just need to decide which reply I should mark as the solution to my original question.

Hint: You can mark more than one post as a solution!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(725 Views)