LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming DS2431 TEDS chip, Can I use Labview?

I am struggling to learn how to program (or write to) a DS2431 TEDS chip. These are one wire eeproms.

The chips are new, unprogrammed.

I want to put load cell information on the chip.  (Serial number, load cell size etc...)

For hardware I have:

NI cDAQ-9172 with a NI 9237 module.

I also have a kit from Maxim.

The kit is a DS9090K and has a circiut board to place the chip into.

The kit shows up a device DS1990A using Maxims one wire viewer software. The kit connects to a USB port.

Can I use Labview to program the chips using my Labview hardware?

Can I use Labview to program the chips using the Maxim kit/device?

I was hoping that Labview has a user (newbie) friendly way to enter the information. 

It looks like the Maxim software is asking me for a big ass hex number, which I have no idea what each byte means.

Eventually I will want to use the TEDS info in my VI.

I'm new to the TEDS devices so any info will be greatly appreciated,

I have Labvieew 8.0.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,243 Views)

You may want to try posting on the LabVIEW Embedded boards.

They should be able to help you out.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,238 Views)

Don't know if this is any help but this is what I've done in the past. I've programmed loads of devices via LV, but not directly! Most device manufacturers provide their own programming application for their devices. These applications more often than not have a command line interface that you can write to via LV's System Exec VI. You call the application and send switches for device type, program, verify, etc., although invariably the code you want to write to the device must be in an appropriate file that you also call via a switch. If you have the manufacturer's SDK application it may not have a command line interface, but almost certainly they will have a similar one for batch production which does.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,228 Views)

Thanks,

I will repost in the Embedded forum.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,196 Views)