LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically reordering controls visually (forward & back) on front panel

Have you looked at "highlighting" the control?

See here for my Nugget on Invoke node Highlight.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(2,440 Views)

Very cool function! I might find use for that later.

That doesn't fix my problem, however.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(2,427 Views)

Hi pangngnc 

I find this thread most interesting.

I have a VI that sets the properties of a selected list of controls on my front panel which DO overlap. (changes some to hidden and some to not hidden).

Depending on which Control I activate last, depends on what I can do...

e.g. If I have a large string control with a small one sitting on top of it and I want to hide the large one. I MUST hide the large one first before making the small one visible and editable, otherwise although the large one is hidden, it blocks access th the small one and I cannot edit the small one.

I have had to be very careful with front panel manuipulations because of this feature - it could be used as an alternative was of locking access to a control.

In my experience therefore, the last control edited (that is not a container) is the topmost control on the front panel.

This is using LabVIEW 8.6.1

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(2,415 Views)

First of all, try to understand the question. Even if you understand it, that doesn't mean you have appropriate answer. Be committed to the fact that answering kind of is something that needs background in the subject of question. So, uttering voice, text, etc doesn't mean answering. We are not playing games.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 36
(1,888 Views)
Mahyar,

You've posted to an old thread and your comments make no sense. It's just spam.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(1,881 Views)

The Z-order of controls can only be changed when a VI is in edit mode.

If you force a change while a VI is running. LV crashes.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(1,848 Views)

What about yours dennis? Did you have any obligation to respond?

I don't care it is old or new, because whenever I search in the internet I confront with that damn answer. That really bugs!

Answering is not that much easy as you think. Answering must be based on knowledge, wisdom, etc. It is an illusion that giving answer is as easy as drinking water.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(1,792 Views)

Mahyar,

Did you actually read my response 5 years ago? it is the closest that anyone seems to have come to providing an answer and the code still works nicely in LV2013 SP1 (havent checked 2014 yet!)

The order in which you change the VI control state seems to affect to order of the VI on th FP. - Have a play! (as previously mentioned you need to edit the VI when it is not running from another VI!) Play with the code and understand it!

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(1,771 Views)
Mayhar,

You did not post a question and your comments are still nonsense. What sort of game are you trying to play?
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(1,760 Views)

@MahyarHooshiar wrote:

What about yours dennis? Did you have any obligation to respond?

I don't care it is old or new, because whenever I search in the internet I confront with that damn answer. That really bugs!

Answering is not that much easy as you think. Answering must be based on knowledge, wisdom, etc. It is an illusion that giving answer is as easy as drinking water.

Based on your two messages, it sounds like you must be dying of thirst.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(1,751 Views)