From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically hide a plot area on a mixed graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

is it possible to programmatically hide a plot area on a mixed graph?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,903 Views)

Can you show an example of what you mean?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 5
(2,892 Views)

Mixed signal graph can contain multiple plot areas which you cannot add programmatically. You can add them in the edit time via the shortcut menu option "Add Plot Area". Because I don't know how many plot areas will I use in the run time, I will add 10 of them in the edit time. Idea is to hide unused plot areas in run time, however, I cannot find an option to do this in the run time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,887 Views)

Hello Andrej,

Unfortunately, there is no way to programatically hide unused plot areas during runtime. There is no property node for this; however, what you can do as a workaround to to minimize the space occupied by the unused plot areas is to set the Height of the PlotAreaSize Property of the given area to zero. Also, you should in this case hide the YLabel of that area. It will not hide the plot area completely, but it will not appear as a big empty chart on your front panel.

Here is an example of how you can do this, I hope it is helpful:

yscale.PNG

Best regards,

Izabela.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrej

Thanks Izabela!

Actually I read the viewport height and then scaled the necessary plot areas to fill the whole viewport. That way all unnecessary plot areas were moved down and are not visible. To prevent user from scrolling down I hid the Y scrollbar.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,811 Views)