LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic "undo" for "FitControlToPane" ?

Howdy neighbors!,
(using LV8.2)  I'm trying to develop a GUI that lets the user toggle a Tab-control between "Full Pane" and a reduced size/position - sorta-like the "Full Screen" option on many Video apps.  The effect of the invoke-node method "FitControlToPane" is perfect (- Smiley Happy -), but how to undo that effect?  After FitControlToPane, "Scale Object with Pane" is selected in the IDE, yet I can't find a "property" for it. Smiley Sad  FitControlToPane also changes the visibility of vertical and horizontal scroll-bars - are these [VI Properties] programmatically settable?

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,611 Views)
follow up...

FitControlToPane also changes the visibility of vertical and horizontal scroll-bars - are these [VI Properties] programmatically settable?

Feel kinda silly now, having advised someone else to search LabVIEW's HELP first! Smiley Tongue

- found Scrollbar Visibility can be set via (LV8.2)\ VI \Panel(reference)\Panes[0].HorizScrollbarVisibility.

Still hunting for an elusive "Set Scaling Mode" method...

(The Tab Control's "AutoGrow?" property doesn't seem to do anything!?)

Message Edited by tbd on 04-03-2007 12:56 AM

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,604 Views)

Seven years later... Did you ever find an answer for the FitControlToPane undo? I found that (nowadays?) there is a method on the pane "Set Scaling" to do this.

I use it to overcome the limitation of stacked plots chart: create a stack of max number of plots, fit the control to a (larger) panel height, then set the panel height to show just the stacks/plots you need to see. Smiley Happy

//Thomas

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,216 Views)

Nope as of 2013 there are no public method of invoking the Scale Objects programatically.  Here are a few topics:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Setting-quot-Scale-Objects-While-Resizing-quot-programmatically/td-p...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/pane-resizing-properties-programmatically-set-the-quot-scale/td-p/19...

That being said you could try to perform an undo of resize, by getting the size and position of the graph before the fit takes place, and then by Undo you just set it back to what it was.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,197 Views)