From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmably get progress of an EXE loading

Hello - we are building large EXE's in LabVIEW.  Is there a way to monitor the load progress when the EXE is launched so we can put a progress bar?  The applications take a long time to get going and our users don't know if it is working without some visual feedback.

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,344 Views)

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any direct way to do this with application builder.  I will certainly create a product suggestion because I agree that this would be a good feature to have. 

As far as a workaround, you may be required to build a wrapper around your executable that will launch a progress bar and dynamically call your main application.  Of course the runtime engine and all the dependencies need to loaded first before you can actually launch a progress bar. 

I would suggest taking a look at the following example, you can run this while your main app is loading: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1232

Hope this helps!

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,318 Views)