LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmability resize string indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to programmatically resize a string indicator so that it automatically resizes to the data "coming into it"?  I created a simple subvi that displays data to the user and ( modified) the busy indicator shipping example.  This is so I can use this generic vi through out my entire test and not create dozens of vis w hard coded messages.  The messages are different in length and I don't want to create one large display and have blank spaces shown when a smaller message is needed.  Thought about setting the size property node but that would mean passing the size of the current indicator message width/height to the subvi..Didn't know if this would work because the subvis font is larger and bold.  To me it seems like there should be a way for the subvi string indicator to "know" how much space it needs to properly set what string it contains.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author clint100

Hi clint100,

did you look at VI "Size To Text for string control" (can be found in your folder ...\labview\examples\general\strings.llb) ? If I understood your problem right I think it could help you...

Regards,

Eduard Gross

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(3,613 Views)

Thanks Eduard,

I was using a property node when I should have been using a method. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,581 Views)