LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically set runtime menu to default

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to set the Runtime menu from a custom menu back to the default menu.  I write a string using the RunTimeMenuPath property node when the VI is idle.  All the basic combinations failed: empty string, "default", "default.rm".  When I open the VI and verify the menu change, the string I specified cannot be found and the menu is then reset to default.

Is there another way to set the RunTime menu back to default other than the RunTimeMenuPath property?

I have LV2010 Professional.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,313 Views)

Hi Micheal,

Depending on the control you are using on the front panel you may also use specific property nodes to adjust how they appear during runtime.

For example: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FB0409491FAB16FA86256D08004FCE7E

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael_Munroe

Found the solution to this problem.   The reference that I was using was generic Virtual Instrument and gave me at RunTime Menu Path as a string.  There was no way to clear the menu.  When I obtained a VI Refnum instead, setting the path to <Not a Path> changed the Run Time menu to the default.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 3 of 3
(2,221 Views)