LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program to sell VIs with license

Good morning to all:

First of all thanks a lot for readint this post and able to help.

I have made a program in Labview which I am willing to sell in the form of licenses.

My question is if there is any program that can perform password executable, ie the user to install my program and prompted for a password to use it. Such as microsoft word you need a key to activate it.

Are there any Lavbiew toolkit to provide this?

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,842 Views)

Hi,

Yoy have many tools for that. http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211731 see to this for one of the toolkit.

Kudos Welcome 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,834 Views)

If you do not have VIPM installed as part of your LabVIEW installation, go get it (Web-search VIPM, installed the Community Edition, free) and fire it up.  This gives you access to VI Packages on the LabVIEW Tools Network and other VI Repositories.  You can also do a Web search (start with LabVIEW Tools Network).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,801 Views)

Thanks a lot for answering.

VIPM is a repository where I can download many packages of Labview?

Here for example BLT is?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,744 Views)
You might want to ask yourself whether the whole licencing thing is worth the effort. Over the years I have seen a lot of people put a lot of effort into looking for licensing schemes that:

A: Work
B: Don't alienate their customers

And they are still looking.

Look around you, in case you haven't noticed the world in general is moving away from licensing for software and towards deriving revenue from services and support. You might question the wisdom or expediency of this shift, but you can't question that it's happening.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 5
(2,737 Views)